I set out to find the coolest vintage bookends on the internet and had to force myself to stop looking because there are SO MANY amazing ones out there. I will definitely have to do another bookend haul in the future.
My taste can be quite eclectic as you will see below. From brass modernist bookends to mystical crystal sculpture bookends and porcelain elephants in between. Some have already been sold – but some are still available for sale (yay!).
Upon my search I discovered two iconic mid-century modern designers; Carl Aubock and Ben Seibel. You will see various bookend designs from each of them below. They are BEYOND!
- Mid-Century Adjustable Wood & Chrome Bookends via Kibster
- Cast Brass 1960’s Bookends via ModernLivingSupplies
- Pair of heavy green and blue Murano glass book ends by maestro Archimede Seguso, circa 1950 via Beyond Gorgeosity
- Art-Deco Brass Swan Bookends via Before Decor
- Mid-Century Sculptural Brass Bookends by AA Importing Co. via fouradrift
- DIY Gold Rock Bookends via DesignLoveFest
- 1930’s Art Deco Cubist Push-Pull Elephant Bookends. Designed by Margaret Postgate for the Cowan Pottery Studio via TheLushLifeAntiques
- 1930 Art Deco Male & Female Bust Bookends by Kupun via Harvey’s on Beverly
- Brass & Wood Aztec Warrior Bookends via boxofhollyhocks
- Black Siamese Cat Bookends originally designed by Frankart, reproduced with vintage molds by Sarsaparilla in 1986 via krit2980
- Glass & Iron Sculptures, made in the UK via interieurs
- Pair of 1960’s Brass Pyramid Bookends via Foreground
- Circa 1940s Pair of African Warrior Patinated Brass Bookends via Modernaire
- Carl Auböck Abstract Brass Bookends #3846 via Bloomberry
- Carl Auböck Bauhaus Bronze with Caning Bookends, new production made from vintage molds via Lawson-Fenning
- Carl Auböck Bauhaus polished brass Bookends, new production made from vintage molds via Lawson-Fenning
- Carl Auböck Bauhaus bronze Bookends, new production made from vintage molds via Lawson-Fenning
- Ben Seibel Brass Bookends for Jenfred-Ware via krrb
- Ben Seibel designed mid-century bookends produced by Jenfred-Ware of New York circa 1948 via domestikate
- Ben Seibel for Jenfred-ware Shovel Brass Bookends, circa 1950 via Century Design Ltd.
- Ben Seibel 1950’s Brass Bookends via Obscure Object NYC
Do you own any FANTASTIC vintage bookends? If so, I’d love to see them! Share your pics in the comment section below.